Saturday, January 30, 2016

37 Week Update on Baby #2

Our due date (Feb 16th) is quickly approaching! Here are some updates on how Baby #2 is doing with life in the womb:
  • 34 week appointment: I found out that I was measuring about 2 weeks behind and would have an ultrasound at my next appointment. This wasn't a huge concern, but the doctors wanted to be proactive and make sure everything was okay with the baby. 
  • 36 week appointment: My ultrasound revealed that the baby is on the smaller side but he's doing well. However, my amniotic fluid level was also on the small side. The doctor called this a "borderline concern"- not low enough to raise any red flags, but they definitely need to keep an eye on it. 
  • 37 week appointment: Another ultrasound showed no change from last week and my fluid levels were still pretty low. So the good news is that it didn't get worse! 
Because of these appointments, I will have an ultrasound and a non-stress test each week to check on the baby. If my fluid levels continue to be low or get any lower, I may be induced early. As of now, I am still measuring several weeks behind. 

We are praying that the baby would be healthy and safe. We are also praying that I would go into labor naturally before needing to be induced, and for a safe labor and delivery. I am *really* hoping to not be induced- I'd rather the baby just come when he is ready!

One benefit to all of this is that we get to see our little guy more often! Here are some ultrasound photos from our 36 week appointment. He has a little hand up by his face, and his face is pressed against up against me, so the pictures look a little strange. :) We don't have any photos from the 37 week ultrasound but it was fun to see him then too: he kept sticking his tongue out!

********************************
Update on 2/3/15:
I wanted to provide an update on this blog post after our most recent appointment. Yesterday I had my 38 week ultrasound and appointment. The baby is doing great! My fluid levels were back up to normal-woohoo! I no longer need weekly ultrasounds or non-stress tests. They are also no longer planning to induce me next week. We are so grateful for all of these answered prayers!
********************************


Here's how the bump is looking these days: 

No comments:

Post a Comment