Monday, September 1, 2014

39 Weeks (+4 Days) & Wake Racing

The Due Date Countdown

Well today is Labor Day, but Baby Nicklaus doesn't seem to be getting the hint. Today we're 39 weeks and 4 days along. I may have to start answering phone calls with "Nope, no baby yet". :) 

Even with our due date only 3 days away, we're trying to keep in mind that he may not arrive for another week or 2. Of course we'd love to meet him MUCH sooner!

Baby and I at 39-ish weeks:

Brian at 39-ish weeks. (My new favorite thing is Brian doing week-by-week poses too):

There aren't a lot of updates since last week. Our 39 week appointment went well, and we found out that the baby has dropped.

Baby has actually been even more active lately! He seems to have a little more leg room since dropping: I think he loves playing in the womb so much that he doesn't want to leave!

Wake Racing

In non-baby-related news, this past weekend my dad competed at the Rock Island Grand Prix, which is the world's largest karting street race. He's competed there for several years and I've been able to go in the past. This year the race is just a little too close to my due date! He qualified in first position on Saturday:
Dad was in the top three for most of the race and even led in 1st for a lot of it. Unfortunately a crash at the end knocked him out of the running. Since he led the race in 1st for so long, I've decided that he still gets the gold in my book!

To celebrate my dad's karting expertise, here are some throw-back pictures from the race in 2012 (the last one I was able to attend. Last year it was right before our wedding, and this year it's right before Baby!).

My dad, Flyin' Brian, racing:

My siblings and some friends rocking our "official" Wake Racing t-shirts: 

The back of the t-shirts:

My brother got my dad to sign his t-shirt:

The proof:

We're proud of you, Dad! 

Baby Nicklaus was kind enough to stay in the womb through racing weekend. So now maybe he'll decide it's time to be born! Here's hoping. :)



1 comment:

  1. Is it a coincidence or are you two purposely going with a matching shirt theme? Well, it won't be long now since the baby has dropped. You guys are really prepared. Keep us posted.
    Thanks for the kart racing "shout out"-btw.
    -Brian Wake



    ReplyDelete