Thursday, October 1, 2015

Birthday Boy!

Colton turned one year old on September 2nd! 

We had a wonderful day celebrating his birthday. Colton and I visited Brian downtown for lunch and to play in the fountain. That evening, we took Colton to the park where Brian and I got engaged. Of course Colton also got to open some fun birthday cards and gifts. 

Colton has loved all of his wonderful gifts and cards! He plays with his new toys constantly. And we often read his birthday cards- they make great short books! He also loves to pull them off the table and then carry them around. 


12 Month Stats
Height: 31 inches - 89th percentile
Weight: 21 lbs 2 oz - 48th percentile


12 Month Updates
  • His love of food is stronger than ever. He is starting to show more preferences, but I can still get him to eat his vegetables if I mix them in with other foods. I think his current favorite food is bread. 
  • Not only can Colton walk, he runs! He is so fast. He constantly keeps me on my toes!
  • Colton loooooves his dad. LOVES. He definitely prefers Brian over me right now. He will cry if Brian leaves the room and run after him. 
  • His favorite game is "I'm gonna get you"- he loves when Brian chases him. He giggles and runs and often falls down- it's so cute. Sometimes he is so excited to run that he throws whatever toys are in his hands. 
  • Colton loves balls and he loves to throw them even more! 
  • He is getting into more and more things- I'm often amazed at what he can reach. Sometimes he will find something he isn't supposed to have (a phone, the remote, a pen), grab it, and run away giggling. 
  • Colton loves to read his board books. 
  • For naps and bedtime, Colton must have two pacifiers: one in his mouth and one to cuddle with. He also sleeps with his stuffed Baby Mickey Mouse and two board books. (...For entertainment when he wakes up). 
  • He has started pointing at things. 
  • He DEFINITELY knows the sign for "more" and uses it whenever he is hungry and/or just wants food. I can't have a snack without him chasing me around the house whining and doing the "more" sign. So, of course, I end up sharing all of my food with him, or waiting until he naps to eat! 

12 Month Pictures
(This is how they normally go...)

Our Day Downtown
Exploring the fountain
 
Enjoying time with Daddy in the fountain
And even some Mommy time too
I think his expression is SHEER EXCITEMENT!
Drying off
Enjoying the city in just a diaper
...And climbing on Dad
A little boy in the big (medium-sized) city
More time with Dad

Enjoying Gift and Cards

Our Evening at the Park
He wanted to push the umbrella stroller around the grass.
Our attempt at a family photo

No comments:

Post a Comment